Thursday, March 18, 2010

Harbourfront Installation Idea


I have been heavily influenced by the picture mash-ups that Molson’s did during the winter Olympics where people could send in their portraits to a website eventually becoming a large mural of Canada. I am thinking of some sort of collaborative effort about Canada’s identity, however, not only national identity but also the notion of identity and what creates one. The format is unclear at the moment but I would like to combine visual elements with mixed media and give Canadians a chance to openly discuss or express their ideas of identity. I envision some sort of ongoing project to that could be documented and maintained providing an open forum for expression. It could deal with Canada’s history, culture, topography etc.

Let me know what you think.    

No comments:

Post a Comment